Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I'm Reading Today

Hope the beginning of fall is treating you well. 



When my friend Tori was last in L.A. she told me about an amazing dinner she had at Little Dom's in Los Feliz.  I don't know if she tried the fruit foccacia but, wow, how good does it look?  Today the LA Times nabbed the recipe and here it is for you to make at home.   Individual rounds of pillowy soft foccacia topped with berries, sugar, and rosemary.  This sounds like the perfect breakfast to me...how early do I need to get up to have this tomorrow morning with my coffee? 



Although the sun in still shining bright in SF, it definitely feels like fall.  Days are getting shorter and pumpkins are everywhere.  It's the right time to get yourself a fresh pumpkin, and not just for carving.  Today's Baltimore Sun has three seasonal recipes to use your favorite variety (they like the "baby" and the "spooky").  Did you know pumpkins are packed with vitamins (A, B, and C) and full of beta carotene?  So whether its fresh pumpkins baked Afghan style (think cinnamon, yogurt, and garlic) or roasted in risotto, you'll find fall on your plate and feel good about it.  Check out all the recipes here


The San Francisco Chronicle has a lovely recipe gallery packed with vegetarian recipes.  So many things looked delish but I was particularly taken with this dish: Red Quinoa with Chickpeas, Spinach, and Egg.  Granted, I love anything with an egg on top but I'm also a huge fan of one dish meals.  I always have quinoa in my pantry (ok, not red quinoa but I think the traditional variety would work fine here too) along with canned chickpeas.  Eggs?  Check.  Spinach?  Check.  Dinner tonight?  Check, Check.  Yum!

Happy Reading and Happy Cooking.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails