Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Sweet Valentines

I was all ready to make heart cookies decorated with things like "kiss me" and "cutie pie" when I came to the realization that it always sounds better in my head.  I am not a decorator.  My worst day of culinary school was wedding cake decorating, talk about tension.  I make a damn good cookie and bake great cakes but when it comes to the fine art of fancy decorations, I call in reinforcements. 

So, when I got the call to bake for a school bake sale today, I thew out the cookie idea and went for cupcakes.  I used my favorite recipe from Magnolia Bakery and the little lovelies turned out quite cute.  Maybe not the most obvious of Valentines but sweet none the less.  What do you think?


1 comment:

Amelia PS said...

so sweet :) I had the magnolia cupcakes in NY and had to find the recipe after that. Love them.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails