Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I'm Reading Today

Happy Wednesday! Here's what I like, hot off the presses:

Thai Coconut Chicken-so easy and so delicious. This version is from today's LA Times and
it's an overnight marinade on bone-in chicken pieces then they go on the grill. Perfect food, in my opinion. The recipes are part of a larger story on wading through the ever grown complicated acronyms for chicken at your maket-organic, free range, air chilled, etc.-which really matter?

Mark Bittman must be reading my blogs because the man just knows the way to my heart. Chicken Livers with Caramelized Onions sound soooooo delish. I know, you should give them a try. We ate them often growing up and this article might explain why. Mark writes an article on effectively using the freezer for both cooked and raw foods. My mom was a master at this and, once you read the article, you'll realize most of us are not.

The Washington Post's Michelle Singletary writes an article on what she learned about life from cooking at home. She has two kids, 8 and 11 and writes about the importance of a family meal (thank you!). If you read nothing else today, read this.

I'm not a lady who lunches but, the SF Chronicle has a nice menu for a spring garden luncheon. I especially like the Griddled Lemon Ricotta Poundcake with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote.

Happy Reading and Happy Cooking!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails