Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I'm Reading Today

Happy Wednesday!

Mmm....Biscuits. To me that phrase is as good as Homer echoing about donuts. I LOVE biscuits, especially slathered with butter and honey. Thankfully I don't make them often. Today's LA Times has a recipe from Harris Ranch for their buttermilk biscuits. They look perfect to me!

Pork Loin Stuffed with Figs or marshmallow and chocolate Whoopie Pies? I'll let you decide because in today's NY Times they both look good. I'm not so into a cake disguised as a cookie so my vote's going to Mark Bittman's pork.

I've made my own mozzarella and ricotta but, that was in culinary school and I don't claim to be any kind of expert. I love ricotta and this recipe from today's Seattle Times (now the lone paper in that town) looks approachable and straight-forward. I think I may just try making it myself.

Thomas Keller reveals to today's Washington Post his method for a perfect roast chicken. You might be surprised at how easy it is, and there's not a sous vide bag in sight! While you're there, check out this recipe for Hush Piggies. Like their cousin the Hush Puppy, these lovelies are dotted with bits of sausage. Talk about over the top!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails