Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What I'm Reading Today

Here's what I'm reading today...

I continue to love everything Marion Nestle writes. In today's SF Chronicle she answers a reader's question about a picky eater. Where do picky eaters come from? 99% of the time it is from their parents' examples. Don't tell me your kid will eat only white food. If that's the case, it is not his fault. Sit down and eat with your kids, set a good example by eating the right foods, and try new things again and again. It will work, I promise.

Clearly I'm not passing on a recipe called Ooey-Gooey-Double-Chocolate-Cookies in today's LA Times. From a place in LA called "Milk" these soft chocolate cookies with unsweetened chocolate, cocoa, and bittersweet chocolate look amazing.

I've never loved bread pudding but, my husband is a huge fan. I've tried to make it at home but I can't get it quite right-too much custard or too much bread. Today's NY Times has a recipe from Mark Bittman for Vanilla Bread Pudding that just might get me to try it again. Couldn't be easier.

That's all the tasty news for today...happy cooking!



1 comment:

lynda said...

Oooooh, thank you for that tip on the ooey-gooey chocolate cookies.It has all three of my favorite things in them ooey, gooey and chocolate! What a perfect little treat for Valentine's day. I love bread pudding, too. Try it sometime with cinnamon swirl bread(no raisins for me) and caramel sauce or even maple syrup (Grade B) and call it spoonable French toast!Happy cooking!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails