Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I'm Reading Today

Today will be brief...enjoy!

Los Angeles Times: I don't know if this Tuna Conserva holds a candle to Pizzeria Delfina's version but, Russ Parson's writes fantastic recipes so I'd give it a try. If you're not a fan of canned tuna, you'll love this home made version.

San Francisco Chronicle: I love corn chowder with fresh sweet corn. This version, Corn Chowder Topped with Corn Fritters, sounds decadent. If you're visiting your local farmer's market, now is the time to get your corn!

New York TImes: I am always asked if it is possible to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I generally say 'no' but, food science genius Harold McGee debunks my answer with this recipe for Ice Cream in a Bag. It looks like a little more work that pouring the mixture into your handy machine but, sounds like a fun project to do if you've got the time.

Seattle Times: Sadly, today's Seattle Times published the article from the San Francisco Chronicle on Kitchen Essentials. This may be a repeat but, the content here is slim today.

Happy Reading and happy cooking!


No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails